What you get
The Combined course blends our Foundation course and Practitioner seminar. Each participant is first provided with a solid Foundation in PRINCE2 concepts, and is then advanced to a Practitioner understanding of how to apply PRINCE2 in realistic project scenarios and adapt PRINCE2 to different project environments.
Our courses are written against the new PRINCE2:2017 release.
Our eLearning course is a self-guided, interactive journey through the PRINCE2 syllabus.
The Foundation Course will:
- Provide detailed explanations of PRINCE2’s integrated elements and their relationships.
- Explain how to use the Process Model to assemble Stage Plans.
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
The Practitioner Course will:
- Expand the participant’s understanding of the principles and philosophies underpinning PRINCE2.
- Provide participants with exposure to how PRINCE2 is applied in different project environments.
- Explain how PRINCE2 can be effectively applied to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Practitioner Exam.
Who should take this course?
- Experienced Project Managers who need to be able to work effectively in a PRINCE2 environment.
- First-time and 'accidental' Project Managers in need of a method to help manage projects of different types and sizes.
- 'Centre of excellence' staff who need a solid understanding of PRINCE2 to tailor the method for their organisations.
- Project and programme support staff wanting to learn how to effectively operate in a PRINCE2 environment.
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal internationally recognised project management certification.
We strongly recommend that participants without hands-on experience as a project manager consider our Fundamentals of Project Management course.
Otherwise, there are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The origin of PRINCE2, where it fits, and its structure;
- PRINCE2's Principles and how they empower the project team;
- Its Themes, or approaches to critical aspects of project management, including:
- Business Case;
- The PRINCE2 Process Model, its flow of control and information, roles involved and their activities, and how to assemble the elements of the Process Model to form Stage Plans;
- Guidance on how to tailor PRINCE2 to suit project needs, and how to embed PRINCE2 into the organisational context of projects;
- Hands on activities, discussions, role plays, quizzes and mind maps in every session to ensure you have absorbed PRINCE2;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the Foundation Exam, with lots of practice.
The Practitioner Course is a scenario based training course focusing on the application of PRINCE2 under different project environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all PRINCE2 elements are included throughout the training.
We have partnered with Inspiring Projects, who have have developed a full set of Practitioner-style exam questions based on a realistic scenario, to provide even more opportunity to apply and learn PRINCE2.
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 60 classical multiple choice questions. To pass the exam, a candidate must correctly answer 33 (55%) or more of the questions.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2½ hour, open manual, scenario based multiple choice exam. The candidate must provide responses to questions presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
There are 68 questions. To pass the exam, a candidate must correctly answer 38 (55%) or more of the questions. Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
The exams are taken online, on a date and time of your choice.
Please note: Exam candidates must provide a signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) prior to the exam.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.